A long long time ago*, in a corner of the internet far far away**, I said that the new plan was to clear out some ideas for projects I know I’m never going to finish from the back of my mind, where they only serve as distractions from the real projects I should be focusing on. Well, I’ve been semi-successful in this, so far, but I want to clear out some more, and I’m going to do that right here, right now. Consider this post a kind of idea graveyard. And hey, if you like the sound of any of my abandoned ideas, then feel free to resurrect them, by all means. I’d love to hear from you if you’re inspired by anything below.
Ideas Currently Being Ditched:
- A Doctor Who fanfic telling the story of what Rose and Faux!Ten got up to in their alternate timeline
- A different Doctor Who fanfic in which the sonic screwdriver is a massive euphemism (gasp!)
- A Christian Romance novel entitled If God Used Computers (…don’t ask. That really was a long time ago.)
- Three separate Christian non-fiction books – one about dating, one about legalism/balance, and one about self care
- A Christian children’s picture book
- A book of religious poetry (is there a theme here or is it just me?)
- A sci-fi short story that seemed original when it first occurred to me but is actually a trope that’s been done to death by writers a lot better than me
- A fantasy short story that seemed really original to me, at the time (slightly different theme emerging over this way)
- A book of animal/nature photography
- A Buffy fanfic which is essentially a eulogy for a character no one remembers or cares about, from the perspective of a character I can’t stand
Phew. I thought that’d be hard, but it was actually a relief to put all those drafts in my scrap folder.
Onwards and upwards, pigeons!
*February 2015, to be exact
**This blog post right here