A short list of things I should probably print out and stick to my mirror––or possibly tattoo on my forehead––so I don’t forget:
- Setbacks are normal
- Setbacks are part of the process
- Setbacks are a LARGE part of the process
- All parts of the process are still progress, even when it doesn’t feel like it
- No one is expecting you to win every single time
- Winning every single time is not possible
- Stop hitting yourself in the head
- Try again
For readers who are not me: there was a glitch meaning I don’t think most of you heard about my previous blog post, which I will link here. I’m hoping this, new, post gets delivered to the inboxes of everyone subscribed. Fingers crossed!
I’m currently in the process of building a second site, just for my art, and changing ellierosemckee.com back to being just about my writing, not to mention overhauling all of my social media so that writing and art are separated there too. I’ll post again when this transition is complete.