On this day two years ago – July 28th, 2013 – I wrote and posted my first ever piece of fan fiction. Since then, fanfic has become a big part of my life, both as a writer and as a reader. It’s my release for when my novel isn’t going the way I want, or when life isn’t going the way I want, and I find it generally good writing practice as well. So, I thought I’d share some statistics in celebration of the anniversary.
- Over 5,000 Profile Views | Fanfiction.net
- Received over 1,300 Reviews
- 77 Followers | Fanfiction.net
- On the Favorite Author List of 60 Members | Fanfiction.net
- On the Favorite Author List of 43 Members | Elysian Fields
- My Most Popular Story – ‘After the End’ – has over 80,000 Views
I have written:
- Over 200,000 words of Fanfiction for Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel the Series.
- Over 3,000 words of Fanfic for other fandoms (Harry Potter, Crow, Serenity, Ten Things I Hate About You, and Once Upon a Time).
- Over 500 Reviews, Totaling over 21,000 words | Elysian Fields
- Over 100 Reviews | Fanfiction.net
- 6 Challenges | Elysian Fields
Continue reading →
I thought some people might be interested to hear about what a full-time writer/author does all day, so I thought I’d share a little insight into my work.
It must be pointed out, however, that the following just applies to me, and that other writers can and will have different schedules. What I love about writing is the flexibility it has, and I’m really interested to find out about what other authors get up to (if you are an author and you’re reading this, please leave a comment to compare and contrast your experience).
But enough pre-amble, here are the basics: I work full time (which is to say, a minimum of thirty hours a week), I work from home (translation: my bed), and I write in a number of areas (fiction, non-fiction, fan fiction, poetry, etc.) and my daily tasks often don’t involve writing at all.
That last point might surprise you the most but, you see, I am currently my own agent, editor, publisher, and social media manager and this leads me to doing a range of tasks that a lot of other writers will never think about let alone encounter.
In this past month I have… Continue reading →
It’s official! The book launch for the combined paperback edition of Four Season Summer & Season’s End is booked for Thursday, July 30th, from 4pm. It’s being held at Scooby Brew Cafe, Abbey Street, Bangor.
See Facebook Event for more details.